TroutRoutes 4.0 is HERE!
INTRODUCTION OF SERVICES
Trout Insights, Inc. is the company behind the TroutRoutes mapping platform. We provide comprehensive digital mapping services intended to help anglers explore the great outdoors. Our products and services are available as an App on Apple App Store and Google Play, and we also have TroutRoutes platform on our website. At a high level, our goal is to inform the angler with as much insight as possible about the area they want to explore. This includes the development of personal angler information, such as personal stream notes, images, saved markers and other places. However, we intentionally have limited the functionality of sharing services, such as providing geolocation information on social media (aka “hot spotting”), sharing time-sensitive fishing information in-app to a wide audience, and any other sharing use cases. While we believe information and accessibility is important to preserving the sport of fly fishing, we also believe too much sharing can become harmful, and thus have decided to NOT include these services and features. In addition, we limit the amount of personal angler information that is stored in our secure backend databases, and ensure this information does not- and will not- become directly available to any person and for any use outside of Trout Insights, Inc and to serve the purposes of improving our technologies and platforms.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you:
• Personal information including, for example, your name, e-mail address, telephone, information about your usage of the Products and information collected by tracking technologies as further described below that may identify you as an individual or allow online or offline contact with you as an individual.
• Device information such as operating system version, device type, and system performance information.
• Information collected via tracking technologies, as fully described in section 4.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com. Except as described under the “Disclosure of Your Information” section below, we do not provide your personal information to any third party without your specific consent.
NEWSLETTERS OR OTHER ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
If you sign up to receive email newsletters or promotional materials from us we will use the information you give us to provide the communications you have requested. If you inform us that you wish to cancel email newsletters or promotional materials by selecting unsubscribe at the bottom of such communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will remove you from our mailing list.
Trout Insights includes standard tracking technologies such as Facebook and Google Firebase Analytics. These platforms help us track anonymous trends and information about our users at a gross scale. Technologies that may be included in our products and services include technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and other scripts. Our general rule of thumb is we don’t include technologies or 3rd part libriaries that we don’t understand and don’t need for the purpose of improving our business, products and services.
We may use local storage technologies, such as HTML5 and your phone’s FLASH memory, to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on the Products also use HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5. We do not store any confidential or payment sensitive information anywhere.
We may partner with third parties, such as Facebook and Google, to manage our advertising of the Products on other sites or platforms as well as across your other devices based on your past visits to our website. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities within the Products to deliver such advertising to you, such as retargeting ads. We currently do not respond to do-not-track signals. For more information about interest-based ads, including how to opt-out of having your web-browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. Please note that this does not opt you out of being served ads. You may continue to receive generic ads on these third party platforms. You may also opt out of receiving ads across devices by adjusting your ad preference in your Google account.
We use third party trackers to let us know when users have visited the Products by “clicking-through” our sponsored advertising or content hosted on third party platforms.
The Products use Google Analytics code to gather statistical information. Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the Products and the volumes of usage of the Products. This is done to ensure that the Products are available when you want them and are fast. For more information on how Google Analytics processes this information, visit www.google.com/analytics.
• We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the Products, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We may link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the mobile application.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
All information you provide to us through the Products is stored on our secure servers located in the United States. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology; all payment information is stored with our payment processor and is never stored on Trout Insights, Inc. servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Products, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone, and suggest that you change your password frequently. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Products; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
You may log into our Products using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider in the future. These services will authenticate your identity, provide you the option to share certain personal information (such as your name and email address) with us, and to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you to the option to post information about your activities on our Products or to your profile page to share with others within your network.
ACCESS TO AND DELETION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may access your personal information at any time via an online account, or by emailing email@example.com. To request the deletion of your personal data that we have on file please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request in a reasonable timeframe.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content provided by the Products is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device.
• To provide you with information, products or services related to TroutRoutes that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, unless you have requested that we not provide this information.
• To provide you with customer service communications.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Products, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to the Products.
• To understand broad, non-specific geographic tendencies to help us identify groups of users by general geographic market (such as zip code, state or country).
• To inform your community about your registration and use of the Products.
• To serve our advertisements to you through third party platforms, such as Facebook or Google, on other sites and apps or across your devices.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of your visits to and interactions with the Products including, but not limited to, traffic data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
• If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or in-Product communication) with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
• We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to companies that host advertisements on our behalf, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
• In some circumstances, based on your specific requests, we may need to disclose your personal information to a third party so that they can provide a service you have requested from such party, or fulfill a request for information from such party. It is the responsibility of any third party that you authorize to receive data to protect that information in accordance with applicable laws, and use it only to provide the services or information you have requested.
• If TroutRoutes’ service providers (like hosting, market analytics, and payment service providers) require this information to provide services to TroutRoutes. TroutRoutes requires each of its service providers to agree to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information disclosed.
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If TroutRoutes or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation such as to comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, similar legal process, or in order to enforce or apply our agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of TroutRoutes , our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• With third parties, such as Facebook, in order to serve TroutRoutes advertisements on such third party platforms.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
The Products may, from time to time, contain links to and from the Products of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these external websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or their policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these external websites.
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
Our Products include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, and widgets, such as the “Share This” button, or interactive mini-programs. These features may collect your Internet protocol address, which page you are visiting on our Products, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Products. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
USE OF TROUTROUTES BY MINORS
You must be 18 years of age, or the age of majority in your province, territory or country, to sign up as a registered user of the Products. Individuals under the age of 18, or the applicable age of majority, may utilize the Products only with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian, under such person’s account and otherwise subject to these Terms.