Join Our Team
Job Application – Mobile Software Developer (TroutRoutes)
Career Opportunities at TroutRoutes offers a unique experience to join an early software startup company. We have openings in Marketing, Engineering, GIS and even Customer Support. If you are passionate about the outdoors, building companies and entrepreneurship, this could be a good fit.
Our Core Values:
Customers first and always – we seek candidates that have passion and compassion for all customers.
Conservation and industry – we seek candidates that have a sincere desire for long-term conservation of the sport. This includes a delicate balance of making fly fishing more accessible through better information, while pursuing better stewardship through education and careful decisions about product features and vision.
For anglers, by anglers – we seek candidates that are passionate about the outdoors, use our product and want to be part of the team that makes our platform better.
Our software development team is expanding. Our platforms include iOS, Android, and Web, with backend infrastructure to support our platform. We are seeking software developers to join our mobile software development team. In this role, you will be working on our TroutRoutes consumer software, including:
- Working with product management to implement new features that provide value to end users
- Working with GIS/Mapping team to implement new GIS features
- Working with customer support to address maintenance and address quality issues
- Independently developing professional UI/UX
- Potentially managing outsourced resources as needed
We are seeking the following skillsets (only some needed):
- Experience in XCODE, Swift, SwiftUI
- Experience in Android Studio, Java, Kotlin
- Experience, ability or interest in cross-platform such as React Native
- Must have some experience in software with mapping components (like Google Maps SDK, Mapbox Maps SDK, etc)
- Comfort in deriving requirements from high-level use cases
- Moderate ability to make professional UI
- Experience in backend software and/or front end software like React a plus
To expand on above: we are seeking someone with a wide breath of comfort and a proven track record of diving in and learning quick. We are not seeking an expert in one language.
- This is a full-time salaried position with a strong preference for a candidates to join our Minneapolis/St. Paul team. Relocation assistance possible on case-by-case basis.
- Work-style likely to be a flexible hybrid model with 3 days in-office / week
- We do not offer benefits such as health insurance, 401K match programs at this time
- Other perks: You’ll work at TroutRoutes, duh! Your focus is to spend your days creating useful software for trout anglers. You’ll be spending your time understanding that use case with real anglers, implementing software in a very agile and interactive team, and seeing the result of your work in near-real-time. Quarterly and Monthly company outings with other employees and anglers included. Attendance at trade shows and other industry events. Occasional travel.