Join Our Team
Job Application – Customer Support (TroutRoutes)
Career Opportunities at TroutRoutes offers a unique experience to join an early software startup company. We have openings in Marketing, Engineering, GIS and even Customer Support. If you are passionate about the outdoors, building companies and entrepreneurship, this could be a good fit.
Our Core Values:
Customers first and always – we seek candidates that have passion and compassion for all customers.
Conservation and industry – we seek candidates that have a sincere desire for long-term conservation of the sport. This includes a delicate balance of making fly fishing more accessible through better information, while pursuing better stewardship through education and careful decisions about product features and vision.
For anglers, by anglers – we seek candidates that are passionate about the outdoors, use our product and want to be part of the team that makes our platform better.
Our customer support staff person is the first point of contact for our customers. This is someone who is personable, has intimate knowledge on the product and the fly-fishing industry. This person will also know who to forward incoming requests to within the TroutRoutes team (GIS, Software, Business Dev.)
This could be a great fit for someone in the fly fishing community who has a flexible schedule and is looking for part-time work and wants to work with the TroutRoutes team. This role will likely be remote, part-time and probably paid by the hour with about 5-10 hours of work per week. We anticipate a week of training.
Important: Must be available to respond to customer emails within 8 hours at all time, including weekends. Most emails can be responded to quickly from your mobile phone, others need to be forwarded to the right department and/or a ticket created.
You must have intimate knowledge with the TroutRoutes app or be willing to learn. You’re expected to provide quick responses to customer questions, issues, and even provide training videos to customers down the road.
- Customer support analysis
- Customer training videos, user manuals, etc
- Automation and best practices
- Implementation of ticketing system
- Part-time, remote or on-site works, though we prefer you join our team in Minneapolis/St. Paul!
- Other perks: You’ll work at TroutRoutes, duh! You will be interacting as the first point of contact to our customers; passionate anglers who use our product! You’ll be spending your time understanding our customers, our software, and our industry. Quarterly and Monthly company outings with other employees and anglers included. Attendance at trade shows and other industry events. Occasional travel.